What is a clinical trial?
A “clinical trial” is simply the study of a new medication or treatment. Extensive clinical trials are needed in the U.S. for approval of new drugs and treatments, and for expanding their use after they are “on the market.”
Clinical trials are very important for two reasons:
• They allow selected patients to have access to therapies before they are widely available
• They provide the information needed to safely develop new and innovative treatments.
Performance Spine and Sports Physicians, is a leader in clinical trials around pain and neurologic problems.
Why participate in a clinical trial?
• You participate in development of new treatments
• You are offered new medical treatments before many others
• You take an active role in your own health care